Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strangers With A Vengeance

Once again,
I've pulled an all nighter.
Believe it or not, I'm still stunned by the events of Saturday night.
(Read "So... What's the story" and "Oh, That's What It Means" for clarification)
I'm in so much shock, I've forced myself to avoid the entire thought process.
I caught myself talking sheer nonsense, rather than speaking solid thoughts, all in an attempt to just forget.
This past week, I've been bombarded by amazingly attractive guys and for this reason,
I just don't wanna be bothered by them.
The phone calls, BBM's, IM's, and numerous texts have all been ignored.
I'm just afraid of repeating history.
So,...
Today was the Dance Africa Festival.
I saw so many beautiful people.
From the AfroPunks to the Afrocentric.
It was a sight to see.
When we arrived to BAM, we met up with Alumni from my old high school.
Hung out with them for a while.
Saw one of my old co-workers who I have a major crush on.
THAT made my day.
Aside from the sun beaming on the back of my neck
causing what now feels like O.D. sun damage,
everything was perfect.
Up until I saw the jerks brother.
All of a sudden, I got a MAJOR headache.
I was afraid I'd see him and not know what to do.
Although, I pictured myself pouring the half full Iced Tea I was clutching on his crisp white deep V-neck T-Shirt.
By then, I knew it was time for me to leave.
Its sad how one person could have such a strong effect on what you do and how you feel.
You and that person can seem eternally inseparable,
and then, without knowing,
the two of you are strangers with a vengeance.
"Tell me who I have to be to get some reciprocity?"
"Is this just a silly game that forces you to act this
way?"
"I keep letting you back in. How can I explain myself? As
painfull as this thing has been, I just cant be with no one else. See I know
what we have to do. You let go and I'll let go too. See no one's hurt me more
than you. And no one ever will."

No comments:

Post a Comment