Friday, May 22, 2009

Why Sophomoric? Why Stupidity?

Main Entry:
soph·o·mor·ic
Pronunciation: \ˌsäf-ˈmȯr-ik, -ˈmär- also ˌsȯf- or ˌsä-fə- or ˌsȯ-fə-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1813
1 : conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature
2 : of, relating to, or characteristic of a sophomore

Main Entry:
stu·pid·i·ty

Pronunciation: \stu̇-ˈpi-də-tē, styu̇-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural stu·pid·i·ties
Date: 1541
1 : the quality or state of being stupid
2 : a stupid idea or act

So, your probably sitting somewhere,
bored as heck reading my blog and wondering,
"Why in the name of Babushka did this girl name her blog Sophomoric Supidity?"
Well, as you read the definition of these words,
between the months of July and May (presently speaking),
I had been the EXACT definition.
Whether it be my fight through unrequited love,
OR
My academic abodonment due to the pursuit of musical happiness,
I had been Sophomoric and Stupid.
All at the same time.
In the event of my stupidity, i decided i'd share my humorously unfortunate life with anyone who was bored enough to read.
So you know what you can do?
Read!
Read on, man, READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment